Monday 2 July 2012

IN THE LAP OF "LUXURY"

I lay on the lush green grass of my beautiful garden in the shadow of my aesthetically designed house, looking across the vast emptiness of the sky, striped with colors of its own choice, scented breeze soothing my senses and dew drops of my picture perfect life sprinkling in the storm of my thoughts.

Living in the manifestation of all my wishes, A perfect family, perfect career, a car , a large house, peace all around, everything the way I wanted it to be . I am indeed swinging in the lap of luxury lullabied by the rhythm of perfection. I am happy, no worries, no complaints and going on listing I reach to a point of NIL. In spite of all, I still felt a virtual space, I was confused, I ponder  hard and hard unable to reach a point  when suddenly I hear a voice calling me “Swathi…”. Everything went blank, my mind trying to recollect what happened, my eyes still struggling to open up, I sense a gentle touch and the voice again, Who was it ? Slowly blinking and opening my eyelids, I see her, yes my mother, the angel of my life. She hugs me tight and gives me a sweet kiss, Though I literally felt myself lost in her affection, my thoughts still remained etched in the confusion of my dream.

I did my daily prayer, had a good home made breakfast, a warm ‘ have a nice day’ wish from my mother. I set my step out into the ever bustling life of the city, my mobile vibrating every five to ten minutes with calls and messages from friends, colleagues and my manager. Every phone call had a different topic, different reference and a much different way of dealing. My day goes on travelling, meeting different people, completing the assigned targets, convincing the reason for delays, etc and in between managing time to have some food. Every hour I am in a continuous process of change with respect to place , people and subject. My mind keeps switching its moods, my body keeps adjusting its energy levels accordingly. Finally after all the challenges, balancing commitments, people, and parallely   being meticulous about the social insecurities that surround everywhere, I reach home all drained out.
As I reach, I am welcomed with the same warm smile and hug that bid me away in the morning. Putting away all the things that I am carrying, with those tiring steps, I go and sit besides her and then slowly and unconsciously slip onto the lap of my angel. That very moment, when she places her gentle and magical touch, my heart, races to the utmost tranquility,  all worries vapored, fears grounded, I feel as royal as a princess relaxing in the most safest place on this earth. I couldn’t ask for anything more.
 


 With a very similar feeling, my thoughts ran back to that confused dream of mine last night. But it slowly unraveled. My dream was beautiful, greatly perfect but it had an undefined space , it was nothing more than a  castle in the air. Whereas my reality is harsh, highly imperfect, but I feel complete and face every moment of it. I still swing in a lap of luxury, lullabied by song of love and care. I paid no billions to earn this , my angel has blessed me the priceless gift since my birth till today and forever. Now I do understand the inference of words said by our musical maestro A.R.Rahman on the Oscar’s stage“I have my mother with me”. A wonderful blessing it is ... "We all are blessed to be born rich.."

1 comment:

  1. Deep and Inspiring thoughts, profound in the manner in which it unearths and ruffles a silent soul! Kudos to an artist par excellence!

    ReplyDelete